No one can deny how deeply 2020 has changed our lives. So, we had to rethink how we use our time and space, including how we landscape our homes. Moreover, the impact of these changes is so great that some of the trends from last year will continue to 2021. This includes the expanding use of Dallas TX artificial turf for homes.
So, here are 5 of the biggest landscaping trends that experts say will be popular in 2021.
1. Low-maintenance Options
Many people have been forced to work from home. But this doesn’t mean that we can (or even want to) spend hours taking care of our yards and gardens. So, this is why low-maintenance options for landscaping is still a priority for this year. For example:
- Create a cobblestone patio for some old-world charm. Clear away leaves with a stiff broom. Gently clean it with a power washer. And that’s all you have to do.
- Swap traditional turf with Dallas TX artificial grass. It doesn’t need mowing, fertilizing, or daily watering. Despite this low-maintenance requirement, it stays green all year round.
- Select plants that don’t need a lot of work done on it. For example, spider plant, purple coneflower, and perilla thrive in Texan environments. Even if you don’t have a green thumb, you don’t have to worry about these plants.
2. Eco-friendly And Sustainable
A global pandemic has emphasized that we only have one world. So, we really need to do our part in saving it.
For some, this means going towards a minimalist route. Specifically, Zen gardens and having only a few choice plants despite a wide area. Thus, for these designs, less is more sustainable. Also, they don’t require a lot of time and money for upkeep. So, you save the planet and save money at the same time.
For others, it means choosing materials that don’t affect the environment. For example, having artificial grass installation in Dallas TX means using recycled materials.
3. Water-saving Features
Water is a resource that’s become extremely important not just in the Southwest. It’s truly become a problem for many states across the US. So, water-saving features have been at the forefront of many landscaping trends.
On this note, artificial grass is a perfect choice for landscaping. It doesn’t need a lot of water to maintain its pristine condition. The only water it needs is for cleaning. Unless you live in a very dirty area, you won’t need to clean it for months.
4. Extending The Indoors To The Outdoors
Months of lockdowns have given people a renewed love for spending more time outside. So, people will continue to use outdoor spaces as living areas. Here are some design options that might inspire you:
- use a gazebo as a meditation spot
- install a pergola as an extended doorway between the inside and outside parts of your house
- build an outdoor kitchen, complete with cooktops and outdoor dining furniture
Specifically, maximize the potential of your house’s Dallas TX artificial turf for both indoor and outdoor use. You can install it as the floor of your gazebo or pergola pathway. It’s non-flammable so you can use it to frame your outdoor kitchen equipment. You can even use this grass as a carpet the runs from indoor to outdoor.
Even with minimalist approaches, intricate details are still essential to any landscaping design. Incorporate geometric patterns and creative touches to your hardscapes.
Then, match these details with unique cuts of your fully customizable artificial grass. Whatever shape you want, artificial grass experts can create it for you.
To summarize, 5 of the landscape trends for 2021 will be:
- Eco-friendly and sustainable
- Saves water
- Extends the indoors to the outdoors
- Adds intricate details.
So, which do you think will continue for the whole year? And which trend do you want to apply to your landscaping? Share your ideas with your local installers to get started!